We offer Private Dance Lessons for the following Social Ballroom Dances.
- Argentine Tango – is one of the sexiest Ballroom Dances. It is danced closely to the beat of the music using a variable rhythm.
- Bachata – is actually one half a Merengue. It uses a slow rhythm consisting of side and forward walking steps followed by a Cuban movement of the hips on the fourth beat.
- Bolero – is smooth, slow and romantic and is danced to a very slow Rumba rhythm. The music usually contains Spanish vocals. It is one of our favorite dances.
- Cha Cha – is one of the most popular Latin dance in the U.S. today. It is characterized by either a progressive or side cha-cha-cha movement and is danced to a very recognizable beat.
- Country Two-Step – kick up your heels for a fun, easy to learn dance that is one of the most popular country / western dances in the U.S.
- East Coast Swing – whether it is single, double or triple rhythm you will have a good time with this dance. It is distinguished by its unique dance position, rock and triple steps.
- Fox Trot – is a smooth line of dance recognizable by its continuous, elegant movements. It is usually danced to a slower tempo although it can be transitioned to an East Coast Swing.
- Hustle – is a fast moving, high calorie burn dance characterized by its changing positions and turns. Lots of lady turns are available. Once you master the four count rhythm a three count can be used for those dances with a slower tempo.
- Merengue – is a lively, upbeat dance. It consists of walking steps conducted in a syncopated rhythm while weight is constantly shifted from side to side.
- Quickstep – if the tempo is too fast for an East Coast Swing, chances are it is a Quickstep. This dance is characterized by tricky footwork and having to be light on your feet.
- Rumba – is a slow, sensual dance containing Spanish and African elements. This spot dance originated in Cuba.
- Salsa – The movements of salsa blends Cuban rhythms with elements of jazz and rock. The salsa originated in the mid-1970s in New York.
- Samba – a Brazilian dance of African origin danced to music in time with a syncopated rhythm characterized by simple forward and backward rocking body movements.
- Slow Nightclub – is characterized by dancing slowly and swaying to the music. This is usually done to very slow-beat songs.
- Tango – a dance of Latin-American origin having a staccato element that makes it unique. This dance has many varied steps, figures, and poses.
- Viennese Waltz – is a fast dance characterized by a couple rotating around each other. A change of rotation is required to prevent dizziness. It is the oldest of the ballroom dances.
- Waltz – is a smooth progressive dance characterized by long, flowing movements and rise & fall. The dance gives the impression of gliding around the floor almost effortlessly.
- West Coast Swing – is danced in a slot using contracting and expanding movements to blues, pop, R&B, country, jazz, disco, rock and contemporary music. The dance tends to use less real estate than its counterpart – the East Coast Swing.
We have very reasonable rates – $50 per couple per hour and also offer discounted group rates. A minimum of 5 figures per dance is recommended to be able to dance at a social event comfortably. With practice this should be able to be accomplished in 4 to 5 one hour lessons. If interested please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and have a nice day.